Cricket Writer Weekend Quiz – May 27th 2017
The 5-part Answer to the questions set by Quiz
Master Arunabha Sengupta are as follows:
1. A – Arthur Milton B- MJK Smith…
Milton played football, Smith rugby
2. C – Willie Watson, football
3. D- Ken Taylor
4. E – Andy Ducat
5. F- Andrew Stoddart, rugby, Australian
This was by no means an easy quiz! But Atul
Kumar and Abhishek Mukherjee put in
another brilliant effort to get the answers
correct and the Quiz Master has decided they
indeed deserves the prize.
Congrats again Atul and Abhishek – you get to
be Quiz Master (again!) on
www.cricketwriter.com anyweek you choose
before June 30th 2017.
Drop us a line at
email@example.com and we can get
you all set up!
The next quiz will be up on Saturday 3rd June
2017 and on every Saturday thereafter.
Welcome to the Weekly Quiz on www.cricketwriter.com !
We put up a quiz every Saturday which will stay up for 48-hours or when the right answer The is posted in the comments section. Either way,the question stays up at least for 24-hours.
The Winner will be invited to send in their own Weekly Quiz question to the Cricket Writer for future inclusion in this section, and of course her/his name and picture will be displayed in the Image section where the Quiz Photo (if any) is usually displayed!
Come on folks, close that google window, and brush away the cobweb between your ears, and go for it!
Quiz Question for Weekend of 27th May 2017
This weekend we have a very interesting series of questions which will tax your brains and your knowledge. To win the Quiz, you have to answer it correctly and in full. All 5 parts need to be correct to win the prize. Needless to say, the decision of the Quizmaster is final!
The question this week is contributed by Arunabha Sengupta a past winner of this Quiz. Arunabha is also a prolific writer on the history of cricket, Chief Cricket Writer at CricketCountry and interestingly, a connoisseur of Crime Fiction. he is also the author of several books.
He is claiming his prize here by throwing a challenge to you to answer this week’s 5 part question.
Answer all 5 questions below correctly to win the prize:
1. A and B were double internationals (each represented the country in more than one sport). On A’s Test debut, A and B opened the England innings. A scored a century on debut. However, it was B who enjoyed a longer cricket career for England and also captained the country.
a) Name A and B and
b) Name the sports other than cricket that A and B played.
2. In the following Test of the same series, both A and B were rested and C opened the batting for England. C happened to be yet another double international. In the final Test of the series A and C both played, A opening the innings and C batting at No 3. Name C and the sport other than cricket that he played.
3. In the final Test of A’s career, he opened the innings with D. This D was not a double international. But he played another sport for the same club alongside A. He was also a trained artists and a splendid one who illustrated his own biography. Name D.
4. E was another double international who literally played cricket till he died. He died while batting. Name E.
5. Finally F. He was a triple international, captained England on two cricket tours to Australia and also captained England in Australia in another sport. In spite of his enormous sporting achievements, he was plagued by debts and health problems, and ultimately took his own life. Name F and the sports other than cricket he played.
Go for it folks! Enjoy! All answers only in the Comments section below please! No answers anywhere else will count for the prize!