Cricket Writer Weekend Quiz – April 8th 2017
Answer: The 3 part answer to this week’s quiz from Quiz Master Ritesh Misra is:
1) Anthony Stuart of Australia. In 1996-97, he took 5 for 26 against Pakistan in an ODI at the MCG, including the hat-trick of Ijaz Ahmed, Mohammad Wasim and Moin Khan.
2) Simon Cook of Australia. Drafted into the Test team against New Zealand to replace the injured Glen McGrath, Cook bowled with great accuracy on a lively Perth wicket, and on his debut took 7 wickets in the Test.
3) Glenn McGrath was the bowler who replaced both the above gentlemen, claiming back his rightful place in the squad.
Winner: We have two clear winners of this Quiz which was generally admitted to be a fairly tough one. But of course both Chinmoy Jena (a former First Class cricketer and Cricket Administrator himself) and Abhishek Mukherjee, Cricket Historian and Editor of Cricket Country, have both proved themselves to be repositories of deep knowledge and cracked the Quiz 3 times each since inception.
Congrats Chinmoy and Abhishek and you get to be Quiz Master on cricketwriter.com any week you choose before April 30th 2017. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get you all set up!
The next quiz will be up on Saturday 15th April 2017 and on every Saturday thereafter!
Keep the participation and love coming and hope you are enjoying your time on www.cricketwriter.com
Welcome to the Weekly Quiz on www.cricketwriter.com !
We put up a quiz every Saturday which will stay up for 48-hours or when the right answer is posted in the comments section. Either way, the question stays up at least for 24-hours.
The Winner will be invited to send in their own Weekly Quiz question to the Cricket Writer for future inclusion in this section, and of course her/his name and picture will be displayed in the Image section where the Quiz Photo (if any) is usually displayed!
Come on folks, close that google window, and brush away the cobweb between your ears, and go for it!
Quiz Question for Weekend of 8th April 2017
This weekend we have a very interesting 3-part “Who Am I?” Quiz which will tax your brains and your knowledge. To win the Quiz, you have to answer it correctly and in full. All 3 parts need to be correct to win the prize. Needless to say, the decision of the Quizmaster is final!
The question this week is contributed by Ritesh Misra, who, besides being an accomplished quizzer is also an avid fan and supporter of Cricket Writer!
Answer all 3 questions below correctly to win the prize
1) Due to immense bench strength, I was dropped after taking a hattrick in my last ODI in which I took 5 wickets. Who am I?
2) It is an eerie coincidence that I am another fast bowler who took 7 wickets in a test including a 5 wicket haul in the 2nd innings but was also dropped. I finished my test career with 5 wickets in my last test innings. Who am I?
3) People call me a great bowler and without being unduly humble, I can say my record speaks for itself. I was considered so important that I was brought back and that’s why these 2 bowlers mentioned above were dropped. Who am I?
Your time starts NOW!